The Student News Site of Itasca High School. Proudly serving Itasca the "Big, Little" town since 1997.

The Paw Print Press

The Paw Print Press

The Paw Print Press

Senior Spotlight: Ashley Zavala

Ashley Zavala would best describe herself as “creative, artistic, and funny”. She was born January 15, 2006 in Hillsboro, TX, and is currently 17 years old. Ashley is the daughter of Rosendo and Cristina Zavala, and she has 10 older siblings: Oscar Alvarado, Crisoll Zavala, Ramiro Zavala, Myra Zavala, Miguel Zavala, Rosendo Zavala, Jose Zavala, Omar Zavala, Arly Zavala, and Rogileo Zavala. 

Ashley has attended the Itasca district since Pre K. Her plans after graduation are to study real estate and become a realtor. Her advice to the underclassmen would be “don’t drop out, stay in school.” Her favorite teachers are Mrs. Mears and Mrs. Innis because they have helped her over the years, and they are “great teachers to talk to whenever you need anything”.

Ashley’s role model would be herself because of all the obstacles she has faced by herself. She would like to thank her best friend Taylor Arellano for getting her this far in life. In 10 years, Ashley sees herself living on a ranch with a husband and kids.