The Student News Site of Itasca High School. Proudly serving Itasca the "Big, Little" town since 1997.

The Paw Print Press

The Paw Print Press

The Paw Print Press

DOROTHY GAINES FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES AWARDS FOR 2023

Press Release

The Dorothy Gaines Foundation recently announced grant awards for 2023. Mrs. Gaines was a native of Hill County who lived the majority of her life in Fort Worth, but always
considered Hill county her “home.”

The Foundation was originally established in 2003 with the primary purpose of promoting the quality of life in Hill and Tarrant counties.
Grants up to $10,000 are awarded annually for specific projects, building, and capital-improvement campaigns or for general purposes where organizations are working to combat social problems, elevate the family and contribute to the social, economic and cultural well being of Hill and Tarrant counties.

The Foundation made grants totaling $76,070 in 2023 to twelve non-profit organizations.

The recipients are:

Catholic Charities, Diocese of Fort Worth, Inc. – $10,000 (Provide partial salaries and benefits for caseworkers serving students in Hill and Tarrant County)

Community Partners of Tarrant County, Inc. – $5,000 (Purchase jeans and school supplies for students in CPS system in Tarrant County)

Covington Volunteer Fire Department, Inc.- $10,000 (Purchase certified wildland/extrication gear)

Hill County Child Protective Services Board – $10,000 (Reimburse caregivers for clothing purchases for foster children)

Hill County Kids – $5,000 (Purchase food items for kid friendly meals and snacks for students)

Hill County Paw Pals -$9,400 (Replacement of primary a/c unit for kennel area)

Hillsboro Arts League – $890(Purchase signs, flags and banners promoting arts-related events)

Hillsboro Cub Scout Pack- $905 (Replace front metal door and repairs to insulation in Scout Hut)

The Lake Whitney Ministerial Alliance – $5,000 (Purchase food for backpacks for children in Aquilla, Blum and Whitney)

Mentors Care – $7,500 (Assist at risk students at Hillsboro ISD with clothing, co-pays for treatments, transportation, employment, rent, utilities and life needs)

SafeHaven of Tarrant County – $9,765 (Purchase 35 computer monitors)

Woodbury Community Center Association -$2,610 (Remove and Replace Kitchen Floor).

For more information about The Dorothy Gaines Foundation, including grant application instructions and forms, go to the Foundation’s website at www.dorothygainesfoundation.org.