Meet the Teacher: Crystal Luper

Full name: Crystal Luper

Place of birth: St. Paul Medical Center in Dallas

Spouse: Daniel Luper

College/What for/Year graduated: University of Texas at Tyler, Science of Interdisciplinary Studies

Subject you teach/ Why did you choose that subject? I teach Elementary because I love being with kids and really enjoy talking with them and hearing their stories.

Children: 2 biological children, a daughter and son, and 2 beautiful Step-Daughters.

Describe yourself in 3 words: Loving, Caring, Logical

Hometown/High School: Quinlan High School in Quinlan, Texas, until halfway through my 10th Grade year. I was homeschooled after that.

Something unique about yourself: I love to sing, I can be silly sometimes, and I like playing games.

Did you do any extracurricular activities in high school/college? I was in the Library Club in high school, and in college, I took ballet.

What inspires you to teach? I look forward to seeing the students’ smiling faces, and I love seeing that moment when a student grasps a concept.

Any advice to high school kids to help them along the way? The best and biggest advice I can give has probably already been heard. Never Give Up!! It was a struggle to get to where I am, and I will tell you, there were times I thought I never would. If you keep going, no matter how hard it is, or what you are going through, it is possible.

Hobbies: Playing games, reading, binge watching shows, gardening, singing

If you didn’t teach what would you want to be doing? I really don’t know. Probably something I never wanted to do in the first place. I have always wanted to be a teacher.

Role model as child/adults: My role model was my grandmother and grandfather. They were the most kindhearted people I ever knew and they really helped me to grow into the person I am today.

Pets: I have 3 dogs. I have a German Shepard named Luna, a Pomeranian named Amy, and a Chihuahua named Rosie.

How long have you been teaching? This is my 10th year teaching.

What school or other job did you come from? Bowie Elementary in Corsicana and Kemp Primary in Kemp.

Why did you choose Itasca? I started teaching in a small town, and that is what I am used to. I wanted a small town family environment so that I could build strong relationships with the students and their families.